As one of the most popular tech publications, we are experts in SEO, distribution... and other things. Read on to find out what we automatically do to promote our writers across the web.
An editor will review your story and suggest tags that map as closely as possible to the H1 headline of your articles.
Well-Optimized Articles with high potential to rank on the 1st page of Google will be given added distribution, internal, and external backlinking, in order to give them the highest possible chance to be featured on the first page of Google search results.
Hacker Noon Top Stories will get featured on our homepage, newsletter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and some other places across the interwebs.
How to give your story the best chance to be tagged a "Top Story":
- Publish original content - Reposts (articles published somewhere else first) are not eligible to become top stories.
- Publish frequently - Our editor queue has a function to filter stories by authors in order of published minutes. That means the more reading time you create on Hacker Noon, the higher chances of your stories being published sooner. We like to reward our most loyal and longtime contributors, and this is just one way we do it.
- Proofread, proofread, and proofread again - Any story with grammar and punctuation errors can be subject to instant rejection, and we can't put bad writing on the front page. Download Grammarly, double-check your stories or even ask your friendly peers to proofread for you.
- Include custom lead images, funny memes, and GIFs - No need to take yourself so seriously. Have some fun with it and make your stories visually appealing. Hacker Noon isn't a newspaper, we are a community of nerds, internet junkies, gamers, developers...we live and breathe in the digital world. Use all it has to offer to entertain your reader.
Don't want to wait for us to clue into the fact that your story is special? Take matters into your own hands and utilize HN's many social media partnerships. Read instructions HERE
We can create promoted posts on our Twitter if you want to reach a lot more people. Make sure you give us your handle so we can tag you!
Contact Utsav@hackernoon.com for:
- #Sponsored Articles on the Hacker Noon Homepage, or Social Accounts
- #Sponsored Mention/Advertisement on Hacker Noon Newsletters